||FIRMAN COMMUNITY SERVICES
DIVISION: CHILDREN SERVICES
PROGRAM: EARLY CHILDHOOD LEARNING CENTER EAST/WEST/SOUTH
JOB TITLE: TEACHER
REPORTS TO: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Plans for and implements Head Start and/or child care educational programs for small groups or individual children in an assigned room of either a pre-school or specialized setting for children ages 3 to 5 years old.
- Works directly with individual children and small groups in therapeutic-educational setting, and collaborates with other staff members in planning the over-all program.
- Plans program outline and either plans day-to-day details or sees that planning is done.
- Works closely with family services staff in planning the approach to strengthening the family.
- Observes functioning of clients, makes analyses, and plans programs accordingly.
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates assistants or teachers, as assigned.
- Recommends policies and procedures to increase effectiveness of program.
- Recommends equipment or material for use in program, orders and maintains these items.
- Participates in agency seminars and makes contributions to the knowledge of staff members and to the professional field.
- Presents agency pre-school operation to the community through meetings of public or private groups.
- Performs other administrative functions, as delegated.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a major in child development or early childhood education.
- Must demonstrate cultural competence and responsiveness to population being served.
- Must have minimum two years teaching experience in a pre-school or similar setting.
- Must have good communication skills oral and written.
- Must have simple math skills.
- Must demonstrate a sensitivity and passion for working with young children.