||FIRMAN COMMUNITY SERVICES
DIVISION: CHILDREN SERVICES
PROGRAM: EARLY CHILDHOOD LEARNING CENTER EAST/WEST & SOUTH
JOB TITLE: RECEPTIONIST/SECRETARY/CLERK TYPIST
REPORTS TO: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Under the general supervision of the Program Director, performs typing, general secretarial and designated social service tasks. Performs highly specialized and responsible secretarial work, requiring independent judgment, and knowledge of office organization and practices.
- Types letters, memoranda, records, reports, case histories, and proposals as required.
- Acts as a clerical assistant to the Director of Child-Care Services and Social Services Coordinator. Relieves superior(s) of clerical detail and minor administrative matters acting only on general instructions. Handles routine inquiries and correspondence.
- Interprets and acts on administrative decisions and policies as explained by superior(s)
- Reads and prepares reports for review by supervisor(s)
- Examines and checks reports for completeness, propriety and adequacy, determines conformance to established requirements, and follows up discrepancies.
- Gives information to the public and staff on matters not requiring the superior’s attention.
- Establishes and maintains a detailed and complete filing system, including suspense files necessary to control daily activities of superior(s).
- Maintains records and supplies necessary for office and program operation.
- Maintains office in manner appropriate to the organization’s standards and activities.
- Assist and assemble Child-Care Program presentation materials for Firman’s Day Care Program.
- Assist in conducting Child-Care on-site tours and other parent and program activities.
- Provide program information to the public or other agencies as required and approved by supervisor.
- Assist social services staff to recruit clients on an on-going basis.
- Provide other clerical or related general secretarial duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Attend workshops, seminars, or informational meetings as required by the agency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate cultural competence and responsiveness to population being served.
- Knowledge of general principles of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Ability to be a team player and work effectively under pressure.
- High level of personal initiative and ability to handle administrative detail independently, including composition of important letters and memoranda without dictation.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Must type 50 words per minute accurately and possess good grammatical skills.
- Must have good interpersonal and people skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good coordination and organizational skills.