||FIRMAN COMMUNITY SERVICES
DIVISION: CHILDREN SERVICES
PROGRAM: EARLY CHILDHOOD LEARNING CENTER EAST/WEST
JOB TITLE: PRE-KINDERGARTEN TEACHER
REPORTS TO: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Provides direct supervision and development of children in the day care center for pre-school children. Conducts special educational activities requiring skills and experience in working with the pre-school child.
- Works with at-risk children individually and in-groups to instruct learning experiences required by educational plan.
- Works with other classroom staff to implement the educational plan.
- Develops an educational plan for at-risk children and communicates and develops a plan to action.
- Observes children and works with classroom staff to develop an assessment of each child.
- Attends monthly parent meetings.
- Must have a Type 04 certificate plus minimum two years teaching experience in kindergarten or pre-school.
- Must demonstrate cultural competence and responsiveness to population being served.
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible, and able to meet agency and Illinois State Board of Education requirements.