||FIRMAN COMMUNITY SERVICES
PROGRAM: OFFICE OF PRESIDENT & CEO
JOB TITLE: EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: PRESIDENT & CEO
Acts in a confidential capacity and performs complex secretarial work of an administrative nature (e.g., employee and labor relations, management activities, board of directors relations, etc.). This is a responsible position that involves supervision. Provides assistance to the President & CEO. Works with minimal instruction or supervision; expected to exercise considerable judgment and initiative in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Drafts, types, and prepares confidential correspondence, memoranda, etc., for the President & CEO’s signature.
- Maintains files and correspondence for the president & CEO.
- Schedules appointments for President & CEO and maintains her appointment calendar.
- Assists President & CEO with day-to-day functions, including opening, sorting, and distributing incoming mail.
- Under direction and with supervision, will compile data, develop reports, and complete special projects, as assigned.
- Prepares agendas and all other materials necessary for Board of Directors and other meetings.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining official documents and records in appropriate files.
- Supervises the Administrative Assistant to the President & CEO – training, assigning duties, and coordinates work schedules; may supervise other subordinate clerical employees.
- Receives visits or calls regarding inquiries and/or complaints, which may be resolved or referred to proper person for resolution.
- Responsible for reporting maintenance problems to building management.
- Prepares the semi-monthly payroll by performing such duties as transcribing wage data to computer input sheets, preparing pay envelopes for distribution, and filing and maintaining all payroll-related records and documents.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for President & CEO.
- Coordinates meetings, conferences, and special agency functions.
- May attend meetings with President & CEO, as needed.
- Manages Executive Office in absence of President & CEO.
- May represent agency at professional, civic, and governmental meetings.
- Strong computer (WordPerfect, Excel), business management, English spelling, math, and analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and math.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office practices and procedures (including record keeping methods and office administration), and the use of personal computers and other office machines and equipment.
- Ability to project a positive concerned image to the public.
- Ability to supervise and motivate subordinates.
- Considerable ability to adhere to prescribed routines and practices. Compose effective and accurate correspondence; deal with routine matters with minimum specific instruction. Assume responsibility and execute the President & CEO’s orders and instructions with authority; organize office workflow and provide guidance to subordinates; maintain filing systems and records; organize and assemble data and prepare accurate reports and summaries; and work independently in carrying out assignments to completion.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain good relations with all division/program staff and other administrative personnel.
- Ability to work with and assist a wide range of individuals in a variety of situations.
- Good judgment in decision-making, recognizing established precedents, and resourcefulness in meeting problems.
- Ability to be a team player and work effectively under pressure.